Thursday 6 February 2014

CURRENT THOUGHTS ON PROJECT SUBJECT

I tried to give myself a bit of time to decide on the exact subject of my project but in all honesty, I am still torn between a few ideas as I honestly would like to work with them all at some point. I have had a look and I currently have 7 cameras to work with but I can get more if needed. I am still picturing my work on a gallery wall as I feel this is the context this work would work the most effectively in.

Idea 1- a Detailed portrait in 27 exposures

Giving one person the whole camera to work with, with a detailed list of images to compose, in order, which can therefore act as a portrait of themselves due to their choices. I am currently imagining this shown in one long row, perhaps with their name at the beginning, a word they would describe themselves with, or something like that. I'm not really sure yet. I am also thinking about the possibility of showing the next person directly underneath, with a small gap in between. I like the idea of making the comparisons between the people and the images, although this could take away from the idea of the images being a portrait of the people.

Idea 2 - Beauty

Working from the ideas of a previous project, I am interested in what it takes to make people beautiful and the products that they use. I think that by getting people to photograph their products and showing them all in a large grid would give the effect that I am after as it would appear quite overwhelming. This links quite directly to myself, as a beauty blogger, and is also something I am really interested in. Do women need all of this?

Idea 3 - A large amount of one item

With this, I'm not really sure what the item would be yet but by giving the cameras out and asking for one thing could work really interestingly. I really like the idea of seeing a lot of one thing in one go, I just need to work out what that could be...

I'm a little undecided at the moment as to which way I will go with this, but I am sure that it will fit into a gallery context.

No comments:

Post a Comment