Friday 21 March 2014

TUTORIAL: 14/3/14

I had a tutorial last week and I took my first set of images along with me and although at first when I had seen them I was unhappy that they hadn't all shown, I then realised that this didn't matter and actually when I properly looked at them I was really happy with them. I discussed this with David Campany and he agreed that it was fine.

It was just the context that we needed to discuss as all I have to do in the way of getting the rest of the imagery is just give the cameras out and set a deadline as to when they need to be back to me by.

We discussed the different contexts that the imagery could be shown in and settled that it would work best within both a gallery setting and within a book. We discussed the different ways it could be shown within a gallery and were toying between the idea of either a grid in contrast to the number of grids we were thinking of before, or possibly a projection. We decided that a grid would be best as I really like the possibility of being able to compare the different images next to each other and you can go back and look at the images this way instead of just seeing the images one at a time. You can compare the images to the other images that that person took to get the feel of the person and see their 'portrait' along with the images that others took to see what everyone took for each question. I think these comparisons are important and make it a lot more interesting.

It could also work well within a book context as the images can be shown a number of ways within one book. They can be shown in different ways to allow you to compare it differently. It could potentially be shown in two ways, or even more. As a portrait of the person, showing all of the images they took, and then by question, and showing each of the images after. This way it allows you to compare them both.

Other things to look at will be how it will be printed, I still really like the raw look of the way the images are printed already. I don't want to edit the images at all and so I think that keeping it in its raw unedited state would work best. The print of the images are familiar to people as it is the boots print that they would get if they get their own cameras developed and I think this is what works effectively. I need to think about the type of the questions and how this will be shown. The grid will need to be shown in an informative way but I think this is the hard part as it will be hard to make it look professional, I don't want it to look amateurish.

No comments:

Post a Comment